We’re too excited to sleep! The CMAA World Conference and Club Business Expo is only a couple of weeks away. Like many of you, we’re planning everything we want to see and do.
Both the conference and Nashville have so much to offer and it’s impossible to fit in everything in just a few days. We’ve polled friends and some locals to bring you our recommended Top 10 Must-Dos at CMAA.
1. See Hamilton. Okay, not THAT Hamilton but Olympic Gold Medalist SCOTT Hamilton is speaking at the Awards Breakfast and it’s one event you don’t want to miss.
2. Visit Acme Feed & Seed. Acme is actually a restaurant and bar and has wonderful history. Did you know it actually used to be a real Feed & Seed place?
3. Quench your thirst. Finding a cocktail at a conference Happy Hour is usually easy - but finding water, now that can be a challenge. Stop by booth #1210 for a bottle of fruit-infused water.
4. Hop on a Trolley and visit the sites. Trolley rides go into the night let you jump on-and-off to site see at your own pace. You can visit sited like the Johnny Cash Museum, Goo Goo Cluster Museum, and Country Music Hall of Fame Museum and Hatch Print.
5. Explore the 2019 Idea Fair entrants. Innovation will be plentiful in the Member Services Pavillion. Let us know your favorite entry.
6. Visit the Hermitage Hotel. This famous hotel was the location of many women’s suffrage events. Tennessee was the final state to vote to ratify the 19th amendment, and the Hermitage Hotel played an important role in that vote.
7. Explore the Career Opportunity and Mentoring Showcase. Professional development promises to be top-of-mind for those driving the future of the industry.
8. Indulge in a food bender. Martin’s BBQ is legendary, Biscuit Love serves up an unreal brunch, and Mike’s Coffee and Ice Cream serves deliciousness till 11 p.m.
9. Burn a few calories. After you carb-up downtown, burn some calories back at the conference. Activities like Sweatworking-cardio and beer yoga are offered each day.
10. Come visit us! Please, we’d love to see you at CMAA. You can schedule a 1:1 consultation to review your 2019 business plan. We’d be happy to discuss how we can partner with you to achieve your 2019 goals.