Clubessential has created the term "Unified Suite™" to label a combination of products and services engineered to work together for clubs. To be effective, a Unified Suite™ must include a broad range of products that comprehensively covers the needs of the club, but, in addition, the Unified Suite™ must meet certain requirements for Data, Architecture, Design, Coverage, Synergy, Agility and Support.
The high performance achieved by the Unified Suite™ results from the simplicity and consistency of the underlying architecture created by developers working together as a team over more than ten years. The team could establish architectural standards for the coding, the languages and the methods because they had total control of the code: it is all owned by Clubessential. They also built a consistent data architecture, using a single database design for all customers because custom variations cause complexities that spiral out of control, leading to rampant bugs and slow enhancement progress.
Clubessential’s award winning custom designs are created by a team of people with different kinds of skills working together within a well-organized process. This team makes up Clubessential’s internal Digital Design Agency, including artistic designers, front end developers, project managers, content formatters and programmers. The programmers embed a consistent design platform into every module of the Unified Suite™, giving Agency designers the freedom to build "full canvas" designs, even on web pages with highly interactive systems. Without this underlying system architecture, the designers would be forced to work within a few tired layouts with only modest options for creativity.
Clubessential’s Unified Suite™ is designed to cover all of the key information systems needs of its clients with interlocked modules that share data in real time, share a common look and feel, and share a personalized support team.
Many Clubessential clients have satisfied virtually all their information systems needs within the broad range of systems in the Unified Suite™, including the following modules:
• Accounting, Membership Management, Analytics
• Point of Sale, Mobile Food Ordering
• Public/Private/Mobile Websites, Content Management
• Agency Design Services, including brand identity design
• Reservations (60 kinds), including Unified Itinerary
• Statement Display/Payment, with auto-variable payments
• CRM (Recruiting & Retention)
• Real Estate Displays, Interactive Maps, Course Displays
• Private Social Networking
• Industrial Quality Mass Email Engine
• Additional Modules (more than 35)
The Unified Suite™ delivers more than the sum of its individual modules because of “Engineered Synergy.” Because Clubessential owns the code in each of its modules, it can engineer individual modules to maximize the collaboration across all the modules of the Unified Suite™.
1. Clubessential engineered high traffic to its websites and high visibility of its emails by building multiple systems, like Online Statements/Payments that would naturally drive traffic. But one kind of system in particular, reservations, was the best way to drive traffic, so Clubessential built not only modules for tee time reservations, but also for dining, courts, activities, overnight rooms, etc. for a total of over 60 separate kinds of booking engines.
2. Heavy traffic is not enough - it must be converted to impressions made on members before it creates any value. To manage this conversion, Clubessential engineered announcement locations throughout all online parts of the Unified Suite™’s modules, and also through all the emails, including confirmation emails, so announcements can be easily placed in front of traffic.
3. Once these announcement impressions raise member awareness, members are likely to want to make further reservations, increasing their participation levels. So Clubessential engineered “one click to a booking engine” navigation to catch members in the mood to sign up. Members who are more aware of club activities and who participate more will generate more revenue, continue as members longer, and invite their friends to join. Revenue, Retention, Recruitment.
Productivity in the software industry is increasing sharply thanks to
the new “agile” development strategy. Unlike the traditional delivery of massive releases every six months to a year, agile development makes progress with quick small steps followed by lightning reassessments. The end result is faster delivery of new systems, enhancements and corrections. Agile development is no joke: it can be up to eight times as productive as traditional programming!
Agile programming depends on a “short release cycle” - this means that when changes are made, they can be pushed into production quickly with little logistical overhead. In 2008, Clubessential’s release cycle was about three months, if we stopped all other development activities and focused on just getting the release out. Today, Clubessential has a 15 minute release cycle and multiple releases can overlap (certain larger releases and especially those related to accounting, can take a few days). In an average day, Clubessential may push anywhere from five to a dozen enhancements.
Clubessential’s Unified Suite™ support is delivered by support specialists working within a carefully designed organizational structure using proprietary support tools. Working together, these elements are
known as “White Glove Support.”
Centralized Support—Even though the breadth of the Unified Suite™ requires support specialists, Clubessential organizes its support teams in a unified structure to avoid “silos” of staff. All the teams use the same software and methods to track individual cases, so clients receive “seamless” support across the whole range of products.
Affinity Teams—The very best support is delivered by a single gifted individual who knows all the products and has a long term relationship or rapport (we call this “affinity”) with the client. Reality is different: support staff at different points in their careers have varying degrees of knowledge, and eventually a single individual with affinity to a client will be promoted, breaking the chain of affinity. Clubessential addresses these realities by breaking its staff of 35 support specialists into “Affinity Teams.” Each team includes a mix of skills and experience and develops a group affinity with its clients.